Hello.

Using Hadoop version 0.20.. I am creating a chain of jobs job1 and job2
(mappers of which are in x.jar, there is no reducer) , with dependency and
submitting to hadoop cluster using JobControl. Note I have setJarByClass and
getJar gives the correct jar file, when checked before submission.

Submission goes through and there seem to be no errors in user logs and
jobtracker. But I dont see my Mapper getting executed (no sysouts or log
output), but default output seems to be coming to the output folder (input file
is read as is and output). I am able to run the job directly using x.jar, but I
am really out of clues as to why it is not running with Jobcontrol.

All I see in the output is input file with some numbers in the beginning. I
don't see the intended output.  Pl. help.

Thanks,

Raj

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.