All,

I saw the announcement that hadoop 1.0.1 micro release was available.  I
have been waiting for this because I need the MutipleOutputs capability,
which 1.0.0 didn't support.  I grabbed a copy of the release candidate.  I
was happy to see that the directory structure once again conforms (mostly)
to the older releases as opposed to what was in the 1.0.0 release.

I did a comparison of run times between 1.0.1 and 0.21.0, which is my
production version.  It seems that 1.0.1 runs about four times slower than
0.21.0.

With the same code, same hardware, same configuration, and the same data
set; end to end times are:

0.21.0 =   8.833333 minutes.
1.0.1   = 30.266666 minutes.

Is this a known condition?