@Daniel,

If you want to process bz2 files in parallel( more than one mapper/reducer
), you can go for Pig.

See below.

Pig has inbuilt support for processing .bz2 files in parallel (.gz support
is coming soon). If the input file name extension is .bz2, Pig decompresses
the file on the fly and passes the decompressed input stream to your load
function.

Regards,

--
Regards,