On 3/4/2012 5:44 AM, Kai Voigt wrote:
Hi,

please read http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module4.html#streaming
and http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module4.html#streaming for more
explanation and examples.

Kai

Am 04.03.2012 um 16:10 schrieb Lac Trung:

Can you give one or some examples about this, Kai ?
I haven't understood how Hadoop run a mapreduce program in other language :D

Vào 02:21 Ngày 04 tháng 3 năm 2012, Kai Voigt<k...@123.org>  đã viết:

Hi,

the streaming API doesn't compile the streaming scripts.

The PHP/Perl/Python/Ruby scripts you create as mapper and reducer will be
called as external programs.

The input key/value pairs will be send to your scripts as stdin, and the
output will be collected from their stdout.

So, no compilation, the scripts will just be executed.

Kai