I'm curious if you have been able to track down the cause of the error? We've seen similar problems with loading data and I've discovered if I presort my data before the load that things go a LOT smoother.

When running queries against our data sometimes we've seen it where the jobtracker just freezes. I've seen Heap out of memory errors when I cranked up jobtracker logging to debug. Still working on figuring this one out. should be an interesting ride :D