Thanks! that helps. I am reading small xml files from external file system
and then writing to the SequenceFile. I made it stand alone client thinking
that mapreduce may not be the best way to do this type of writing. My
understanding was that map reduce is best suited for processing data within
HDFS. Is map reduce also one of the options I should consider?