I have installed Cloudera hadoop (CDH). I used its Cloudera Manager to install
all needed packages. When it was installed, the root is used.  I found the
installation created some users, such as hdfs, hive, mapred,hue,hbase...
After the installation, should we change some permission or ownership of some
directories/files? For example, to use HIVE. It works fine with root user,
since the metatore directory belongs to root. But in order to let other user
use HIVE, I have to change metastore ownership to a specific non-root user,
then it works. Is it the best practice?
Another example is the start-all.sh, stop-all.sh.... they all belong to root.
Should I change them to other user? I guess there are more cases...

Thanks,

This electronic message, including any attachments, may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete it.