I am a newbie to Hadoop and map reduce. I am running a single node hadoop
setup. I have created 2 partitions on my HDD. I want the mapper intermediate
files (i.e. the spill files and the mapper output) to be sent to a file
system on Partition1 whereas everything else including HDFS should be run on
partition2. I am struggling to find the appropriate parametes in the conf
files. I understand that there is hadoop.tmp.dir and mapred.local.dir but am
not sure how to use what. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me
exactly which parameters to modify to achieve the goal.

Furthermore, can someone also tell me how to save intermediate mapper
files(spill outputs) and where are they saved.

Thanks in advance for any help.