Hi,

Using Hadoop 1.0.1 I'm trying to use the DistributedCache to add additional
jars to the classpath used by my Mappers but I can't get it to work. In the
run(String[] args) method of my Tool implementation, I've tried:

FileSystem fs = DistributedFileSystem.get(conf);
DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(new
Path("hdfs://localhost:9000/my.app/batch.jar"), conf, fs);

and

FileSystem fs = DistributedFileSystem.get(conf);
DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(new Path("/my.app/batch.jar"), conf, fs);

and using a local path,

DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(new Path("./lib/batch.jar"), conf);

I've also tried using the addFileToClassPath alternative but also without
success. I'm running in pseudo-distributed mode. Adding the additional jars
with -libjars does work, but I would like to get this working as well as it
will be easier to maintain.

Any help is much appreciated,

Nick