From: shan s <mysub...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 02:49:51
To: <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Basic setup questions on Ubuntu

I am a newbie to Unix/Hadoop and have basic questions about CDH3 setup.

I installed CDH3 on Ubuntu 11.0 Unix box. I want to setup a sudo
cluster where I can  run my pig jobs under mapreduce mode.
How do I achieve that?

1. I couldd not find the  core-site.xml. hdfs-site.xml and mapred-site.xml
files with all default parameters set? Where are these located.
     (I see the files under example-conf. dir, but I guess they are example
files)
2. I see several config files under /usr/lib/hadoop/conf. But all of them
are empty files, with the comments that these can be used to override the
configuration, but these are read-only files. What is the intention of
these files being read-only.

Many Thanks,
Prashant