From: Michael Wang <michael.w...@meredith.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:53:31
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org<common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Hive Thrift help

we need to connect to HIVE from Microstrategy reports, and it requires the Hive
Thrift server. But I
tried to start it, and it just hangs as below.
# hive --service hiveserver
Starting Hive Thrift Server
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Michael

This electronic message, including any attachments, may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete it.