From: Michael Wang <michael.w...@meredith.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:43:47
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org<common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: RE: How to load raw log file into HDFS?

I have the same question and I am glad to get you guys' help. I am also novice
in Hadoop :)
I am using pig and hive to analyze the logs. My logs are in <LOCAL_FILE_PATH>.
Do I need to use "hadoop fs -copyFromLocal" to put files to <HDFS_FILE_PATH>
first, and then load data files to pig or hive from <HDFS_FILE_PATH>? Or can
just load logs from Local_file_path directly to pig or hive? After I load the
files to hive, I found it is put at /user/hive/warehouse. Is
/user/hive/warehouse a HDFS?
How do I know what <HDFS_FILE_PATH> are available?