Hello,

        I'm working with a Hadoop, version is 1.0.3 and configured in
pseudo-distributed mode.

        I have 128 reducers tasks and it's running in a local machine with 32
cores. The job is working fine and fast it  takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to
fininsh. But when the Job starts, the reducers are comming to the running phase
from the tasks queue very slow, it takes 7 minutes to allocate 32 tasks in the
running phase. Why is too slow to allocate task in running mode? It's possible
to adjust any variable in the jobs tracker setup to reduce this allocation time?

 Thanks to all!

 Best regards,
        Andrés Durán