Forwarding to common-user to hopefully get more exposure...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stan Rosenberg <stan.rosenb...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache
To: mapreduce-u...@hadoop.apache.org

I am guessing this is either a well-known problem or an edge case.  In
any case, would it be a bad idea to designate predetermined output
paths?
E.g., DistributedCache.addCacheFileInto(uri, conf, outputPath) would
attempt to copy the cached file into the specified path resolving to a
task's local filesystem.

Thanks,

stan