Oleg, that's for an overall raid preference.

Specifically for the 'control nodes' aka (NN, SN, JT, HM, ZK...)

I tend to just use simple mirroring because these processes are not really I/O
bound. (RAID-1).
I guess you could go RAID-10 (Stripe and Mirrored) but that may be a little
overkill and my preference comes from working in the RDBMS world.

If we are using commodity servers, JBOD tends to be the preferred way of
handling things.

However, I've seen cases where people will use RAIDed Drives on a node for a
couple of reasons. The nice thing about doing mirrored DN drives is that if you
have a disk failure you just pop the drive and replace it.  Much simpler.

If we're looking at using NetApp's E Series in conjunction with a compute
cluster, then you are using their raided configuration and can reduce the
cluster's replication factor to 2 from 3.

While its easy to recommend RAID on the control nodes, data nodes is a bit
trickier.  I mean you can run with straight JBOD and based on a cost issue, its
the cheapest in terms of hardware.  If you go with RAID on the DN, you reduce
your storage density per node because you have redundancy in hardware. And this
has an impact on your overall machine density and TCO.   This is offset by
easier and faster recovery time from some hardware failure events. Lets face
it, the number one thing to fail is going to be your hard drives.  So we are
going to have to balance the costs against the benefits.

Now I have to state the obvious caveats... 1) YMMV, 2) The factors which go in
to the cluster design decision are going to be unique to the company  setting
up the cluster.

These are IMHO, and you know what they say about opinions... ;-)

HTH
-Mike