On 11/13/01 1:03 PM, "James Strachan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: "Jason van Zyl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> On 11/13/01 11:43 AM, "James Strachan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> It might be a nice idea if we use JJAR's XML document format on Jakarta
>>> Commons projects to clearly document the exact dependencies each version
> has
>>> (both released and CVS HEAD).
>>
>> -1
>>
>> The project descriptors in alexandria can be used for that.
>
> OK maybe JJAR and the alexandria projects can share the same descriptors
> then?

This is what Geir and I have been discussing for quite some time. Though I
haven't had time I wanted to use the digester to parse the gump/alexandria
descriptors to make an object model of a project so that it could be used by
any number of tools. Create a small package/toolkit that is part of
alexandria that people can use for projects like JJAR, Gump and any other
tools that need project information.

> :-)
>
> Thanks for the tip Jason, I'll take a look into alexandria.
>
> James

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org