On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:57:46PM -0800, Tal Dayan wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> It worked as advertised in first try.

Glad you found it useful. Fudging doctypes is not exactly an elegant
solution, but in the real world it's unfortunately necessary, at least
until XML schemas take over the world ("NOoo..!!";)

> The API looks very flexible (e.g. generating a DOCTYPE based on the original
> one) and it generated
> the correct DOCTYPE in all cases I tried (with and without <? xml ... ?>,
> with and without original
> DOCTYPE, etc).
>
> It seems like a very good workaround for the DTD enforcing issue and if the
> license permits, we would like to use it.

The original code was released under the MPL 1.1, which I *think* is
APL-compatible, and which I guess is changeable to APL anyway if it's
"non-viral"? I hate licenses..

--Jeff