On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Rey Francois wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:30:23 +0100
> From: Rey Francois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Proposal for Validation Framework
>

> Having a validation framework in the Jakarta commons is a great idea, the
> Java community would definitely benefit from this. There is one JSR which
> should go into this direction, but that JSR seems kind of quiet from the
> outsider's prospective I have: see the JavaServer Faces JSR on
> http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/127.jsp. The Mapper framework I've created
> could also be a good candidate (see
> http://husted.com/struts/resources/mapper.zip). I'm sure there are many more
> contenders out there -I just saw a reply in this thread about Barracuda- so
> I expect this topic to last, or die!

As a member of the JSR-127 expert group, I can assure you that the EG
considers validation for user input (typically from an HTML form) is
definitely within the scope of JavaServer Faces.  That being said, this
does not reduce the usefulness of a general purpose Validation framework
that can be used across different UI frameworks.

> Fr.

Craig McClanahan