Scott,

>You have the karma to start it in the sandbox.

:-)

>I can help with the layout if you want me to.

Nahh tis done (you mean directory/package hierarchy?).  I copied from
beanutils.

*Speed results*

                   Test#1  Test#2
Direct     30      30   (one VM, main thread)
Piped     350     160   (one VM, three threads)
Socket   1202     811   (two VMs, standard thread per connection style)
RMI      3765    2624   (two VMs, standard thread per connection style)

(all times in millis for 1000 invocations)

Test#1 invocation of "speedTest()"
Test#2 invocation of "String speedTest(String str)"
Bizarrely, test #1 is always faster than test#2.

I'll upload shortly.

Regards,

- Paul H