Hi again Robert

hehehe

> to tell you the truth, i haven't looked at your stuff. my aim has been to
> fix the current commons-logging so that i can use it in betwixt and so
> that we can push towards a commons-logging release. my general feeling is
> that considering better solutions is a bit of a distraction until we've
> got something that we can use. since i got the impression from your
> original post that you were proposing a better solution, i decided to
> postpone looking at it.

I am using the stuff I sent. It works.

However, I think that the ILogger.getChildLogger() method should change or
be renamed to newChildLogger() and there is not setLevel() method.

It also misses the common configuration stuff (40% done) and a clean up
on the simple logging stuff. (I was thinking about removing the simple
logging until noticing that you have such class.)

Lets see if I go back to this in the next days.

> having said that, i will try to find time to take a look at it before i
> try to create a LogKit wrapper.

The wrapper code is from Avalon (as mentioned) but you will find the
wrappers faster in my package, since its smaller and has a "wrappers"
package. You can't miss it!
=;o)

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar