> OK,
>
> I've discovered why I'm not seeing the body as the result of the PUT,
> it's a feature of HttpClient.
>
> Tomcat is sending me the following response
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:21:35 GMT
> Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
> SOAPAction: ""
>
> Followed by the data.
>
> Notice that there are two (identical) content-type and content-length
> headers. The value of the Content-Type
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.Header is now "132, 132" and so doesn't
> parse.
>
> This is being done by the JAXM Ref Impl - it's calling
> resp.addHeader("Content-Length", 132) twice. I've seen mention that
> HttpClient handles some pathological cases - is this something it should
> handle?

Yes, it would be a lot better.
The server side (TC 4) also has a few similar problems with JAXM at the
moment ;-)

Note: One of the most useful features of the client IMO is that it lets you
write your own methods easily. So if you don't like what the default POST is
doing, it should be easy to create a new one.

Remy