Vinay,

>Hi Paul,
>We need a xml parser too along with  beep libraries,
>since BEEP exchanges xml messages
> between peers to manage the channels/sessions
>between the peers .
>So maybe we can put xerces in /lib folder too..

I did not know it depended on XML parsing.  It's only a multiplexer of
byte streams, why did they need XML?  Something lower tech would have
been more appropriate.

>Another favor , can you try benchmarking
>BEEP with others in your 'PROPOSAL' .
>Lets see how that fares as well .. ..
>(I think it should do pretty well)

Well here is the speed:

    CustomStream over BEEP over sockets - 1000 invocations per second

Compare that to:

    CustomStream over sockets 8000 per second.
    ObjectStream over sockets 10000 per second.

I think the speed is fairly poor.  I was expecting a 10% speed drop, but
this is 90% Vinay.  Thatnks for doing the integration, Vinay, but I
think we'll be evolving our own multiplexer that is faster.  I have had
a quick look and cannot see a flush() method that may speed it up.

What are you thoughts dude?

Regards,

- Paul