----- Original Message -----
From: "James Strachan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
"Morgan Delagrange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: [collections] Some source files contain
bad line-endings (was
Re: [patch] Remove redundant public modifiers from
interface methods)

> From: "James Strachan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
line endings on quite
> > few
> > > classes, and I continue to fix them whenever I
have to make
significant
> > > modifications to a class.  Not to point fingers
but James' checkins
seem
> > > exhibit this problem often.  Sorry James.  ;)
> >
> > Yes I hold my hands up there - sorry everyone -
I'll try figure out how
> > stop that happening again.
>
> I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong from a
line-ending perspective.

> I'm using Win2000 (I know I'm sorry), along with
cygwin for cvs+ssh and
> Forte as my editor. I thought CVS was meant to
swizzle the line endings
from
> win <-> unix as checkin/checkouts happened?
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
>
> James

Hmm, I use Win2k, cygwin for ssh, WinCVS and Visual
Slickedit.  Maybe that
will help narrow it down.  :)

I don't think this problem is unique to you.  I think
Chuck had that problem
too.  I know he uses Win NT and Cygwin, not sure about
the rest.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange