Guys, about the same problem is in BasicDataSource.
When we get datasource from JNDI (BasicDatasourceFactory)
we get DataSource type not BasicDataSource which is good (an abstraction
is provided)

But DataSource class doesn't have method close().
I wouldn't like to cast my DataSource instance to BasicDataSource to
invoke
close() method.
In the same time we need to release pool resources (and especially
database connections) when application is finished.
What if to add  finalize() method to BasicDataSource and call close from
there.
And make the same with pool and so on.

--
Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer                    St. Petersburg, Russia