From: Waldhoff, Rodney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wed, April 24, 2002 3:00 AM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'
Subject: RE: HttpClient Post

The TestWebappMethods TestCase has examples of using POST (and PUT). See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/test/org/apache
/commons/httpclient/TestWebappMethods.java?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.vie
wcvs-markup

This old thread
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=101234571917183&w=2
may speak to your question.

We've had several requests along these lines (wanting to use POST to submit
an arbitrary body--like PUT does--rather than submitting name/value pairs),
perhaps we should just go ahead and support it directly.