As a developer new to HttpClient I have to admit to be extremely confused by the
package. Several usage models are concurrently impelemented, virtually no
documentation exists as to how to do what, and worse, it appears that there is no one
at the helm to guide this package in a coherent and architectured manner.

If HttpClient is to succeed, then beyond being bug free (as much as possible), and
adhering to the RFCs, it must present a coherent and well documented interface to the
programmers who are to use it.

If you guys are willing to invest some time in designing the HttpClient NG (as some
organizations like to call their next release), I would be happy to actively
participate in it. There must be, however, someone coordinating this effort -- making
sure that design, implementation, documentation and the test suite are all complete
and in sync... Otherwise, frankly, I don't see a real chance of this package taking
off and being used by anyone beyond those actually developing it, and it will lose big
time to HTTPClient.

Amir