On Fri, 10 May 2002, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> [snip] Maybe there would
> be a way for log4j to override commons-logging's search mechanism and force
> c-l to use log4j as the underlying implementation. C-l changed quite a bit
> since I
> last looked at it. Before continuing with more talk, I'll now take the time
> to study
> it. I'll get back to this discussion later.

You should in fact be able to do this one ... by setting a property
"org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory" to point at your own factory
implementation class.  In fact, Costin also added a factory implementation
(org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory) that does exactly what you
are describing.

Craig