which version are you using? I believe that the latest nightly build has
this method exposed in HTTPClient.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gottfried Szing [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 3:37 AM
To: commons
Subject: httpclient timeout question

hi to all

i am not sure if this is the best location for asking questions about
httpclient. but this is the only list about commons i have found. if i
have posted to the wrong mailing list, so please dont be angry about me
and send me the information where to send the question instead.

here is my question: how can i set the timeout for a connection from the
HTTPClient. the HTTPConnection has a method setSOTimeout which is
exactly what i want to call. but how can this method be acccessed from
outside via the HTTPClient?

any hints?

TIA