Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> In the same way as [logging], by not being a regexp package itself.
>
> Of course it may just not be appropriate...

To be honest, I don't like the "autodiscovery" mechanisms in Commons
logging.  I would be hard pressed to support another something like
that for something less likely to be in widespread use.  It is possible
to just use the project that you need and stick with it for RegEx.

There are very few projects out there that are meant to be used as a
library that require a regex package (that I am aware of, but I don't
get out much anymore).  The chances of using two projects that require
different RegEx solutions are so minute, that a commons version doesn't
seem necessary.

That's just my 2 cents.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin