Kenneth,

I am not familiar with Castor enough to give you specific
recommendations, but here are some general ideas.

1. The mapping of paths to objects in JXPath is based on the JavaBean
specification.  So, I guess I would first look into flattening
properties to make the beans conform strictly to the JavaBean spec. For
example, if Request had a method like

public Errors getErrors(){
   return getRequestChoice().getErrors();
}

you could get the Errors object (or null) with the "/request/errors"
path.

2. If adding code to the Castor-genned classes is not an option, you
might consider writing a NodePointer-NodeIterator-NodePointerFactory
familiy of classes for specific support of Castor-style objects.  This
may be a little involved, as APIs of those classes, especially
NodePointer, are rather wide.  You might be able to inherit your
implementations from BeanPointer, etc, thus re-using some of the
JavaBean support for the Castor object.

Let me know if any of this helps.

- Dmitri