From: "Morgan Delagrange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I semi-agree.  It seems that the project.xml is
> adequate for the list of committers.  However, using
> that file to document dependencies is not very
> effective.  There's a big difference between what you
> need to run an end-to-end Maven distribution and what
> you need to execute the core tags.  Dependencies would
> be a bit tricky to document in a simple DTD; types of
> dependency will vary from project to project.

Agreed. Though for basic stuff, like jar dependencies its ideal.

I guess rephrasing my original mail a bit. What do we think we need, in
addition to a Maven project descriptor (for those commons projects that use
Maven) to replicate the stuff available in the PROPOSAL.html and
STATUS.html.

e.g. we could even extend the project.xml, or have one or two extra
documents to add the extra stuff and autogenerate these HTML documents (as
Jeff said).

So far I like Jeff's proposal; of just having a (combined status-proposal)
proposal.xml in the xdocs that gets generated as part of the website.

Any other thoughts?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/