On Monday 28 October 2002 02:28 pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Dmitri Plotnikov wrote:
> > Here's another iteration of Clazz APIs.
>
> Without looking at the API itself, I like what you are describing
> here.  It seems intuitive.  Now, my question is this.  If I have
> a ClazzLibrary or a ClazzLoader, can I perform something like this:
>
> ClazzLibrary loader = Clazz.getClazz( something ).getClazzLibrary();
> Clazz[] implementingClazzes = loader.findClazzForAttribute(
> "attribute-name" );
>

> That would be excellent.  (Substitute Property for Attribute if that
> is what you want to call it).

Properties are for objects, while Attributes are class invarients. [Question,
is an attribute writeable?] They are somewhat analagous to static members, as
properties are analagous to instance members.

Before declarative programming was introduced, it would have made sense to
subtype Class (if it wasn't final) to add attributes for a particular class.
Being able to declare attributes at deployment time is very powerful, though.
I've always been a bit surprised that the EJB spec didn't introduce a more
general mechanism for it.