On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:12:16 +0000
> From: robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [digester] bug fix release?
>
> we've had a request for a bug fix release and so that probably means that
> we should have done one last week ;)
>
> what needs doing?
>
> bugs
> ====
>
> #12997 Call the method as soon as last parameter is encountered
> maybe someone (craig did some work on this before) might like to evaluate
> the new patch.

I'll look again to double check, but the first proposed patch had
backwards compatibility problems, so at best we're probably talking about
additional Rule(s).  I'd have to convince myself that the described use
case is compelling enough for a standard Rule first, though.

> #13098 digester performance
> ---------------------------
> i don't want to apply this patch. reasons? 1. it would mean changes the
> MethodUtils API just when i was about to deprecate the class and move the
> actively developed version into lang. 2. once this move is complete, i
> want to work on improving beanutils and MethodUtils performance. this
> patch should not be necessary once these changes are made.
>
> i'd be happy to mark this WONTFIX

I think that makes sense, with the explanation you give above.  It might
technically be resolved as LATER though -- even though it will ultimately
get addressed in [lang] instead of [beanutils].

> #3893 multiple element body parts problem
> i think that in this case the method gets called more than once. so, i'd
> say the behaviour is reasonable. the comment from emmanual berg
> illustrates that it's hard to know exactly how this should be improved.
>
> i'd be happy to mark this WONTFIX

+1.

> - robert
>

> --