On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 08:59 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
From: "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<snip>

i've noticed that you've commented out the invokeMethod implementation. my
first job will be to get that working about. are there any modifications
that you need me to make to the commented out code (or is it just a case
of get it working again)?
I was going to see if that commented out code did the same thing for Methods
that I had coded for Fields.
basically the stuff you commented out is the code that's been developed in beanutils to fix the bugs in the getMethod implementation. it's this stuff which is particularly useful for people running on JVM's with buggy implementations.

my plan is to uncomment the code and copy all the MethodUtils test cases into lang. i think that it should be easier to create a good version in lang (containing all the workarounds developed in beanutils) if we establish a reference version containing working versions of the old methods before we start tinkering.

i'll then try to move the test cases along to the replacement methods once we decide what they are.

- robert