Actually, I'm going to change my mind on this one. I should have thought
about it a little more before I pulled the "send" trigger on my
e-mailer.

The original question was (paraphrasing): why doesn't Nestable extend
Throwable?
Short answer: because Nestable is an interface, and Throwable is a
class.

I think the Nestable interface already does just what is was intended to
do: define the contract for being able to manipulate nested exceptions
and errors (i.e., subclasses of Throwable). And in fact, the
implementations of Nestable (NestableError, NestableException, and
NestableRuntimeException) already extend subclasses of Throwable. Each
of these are usable in place of the Java-provided Throwables. So I don't
think there is a need to change the interface.

Steven Caswell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving