In article <009b01c293df$aea47a00$9e2529d9@oemcomputer>, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I have applied the suggested fix, as it appears to be sensible, thanks.
>
> However, we now advise using ReferenceMap instead of SoftRefHashMap, as the
> latter is severly broken.
>
> Stephen

Thanks, I got the new 2.1 version and am using ReferenceMap instead.
I noticed that the purge method as become private and is called in many places in the
source code, but
the documentation for the method states that it is called only for write operations.
I must be sure that the stale mappings are removed for read operations too (ex:size)
and though
currently the implementation calls purge() for all read methods as well can this
change in the future?

Thanks
Eduardo