FWIW, there are at least two Jakarta products that I'm involved in (Tomcat
and Struts) that have exactly the path-mapping use case that was described
for the Trie class.  And, conveniently, they both already dependd on
[collections] so it would be very convenient to have Trie added here.

It will be very interesting to experiment with the relative speed of using
a Trie in these cases versus the current algorithms (which clearly need
some optimizations).

So, an inactive-committer (to collections) +1 from me for including this.

Craig McClanahan