On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 06:26 AM, Costin Manolache wrote:

<snip>

What I fail to understand is what is the real issue of debate -
if you want to create a library for reflection, do it.
That doesn't mean you have to force everyone to use it or to stop
people from working on other reflection libraries or to say that the other
reflection code should move to your component.

If a piece of code works well, is stable, fast, clean and does
what it is needed - it will be used, and people will stop working
on other implementations. If some other implementation does
something different and people need that - then probably both
will exist for a while.
what we're talking about with reflection is not code that does anything different. all versions of the basic reflection utilities will work in basically the same way and have fundamentally the same features.

the difference will be almost purely in which bugs they have. the politics of dependencies is the only reason why people need different versions.

- robert