I'm fine with a version of FastDateFormat moving to Jakarta. Just put
appropriate references to the original project. There may be a few other
dependencies on Trove, so just move them over too or modify FastDateFormat.

Although it has already been mentioned, I'll do so again:

1. FastDateFormat only supports printing, not parsing.
2. FastDateFormat is obsolete. The Joda time project contains faster, more
powerful formatters that also support parsing.

That being said, FastDateFormat is compatible with the same patterns
supported by SimpleDateFormat, and swapping it in requires little effort.