- sean

From: "Sean Schofield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here's where I am at with FastDateFormat. I changed the package name
(to org.apache.commons.lang.time.) I also pulled down the source code
for Pair that it required. I noticed that Pair seemed like the
DefaultMapEntry in commons-collections (am I wrong?) Is commons-lang
allowed to have dependencies with commons-collections or should we try
to avaoid that? (My guess is you will say avoid.)

This dependency should be avoided, so yes an inner class is appropriate.

Finally, I wrote a few unit tests for FastDateFormat. Once we resolve
the Pair issue I'd like to submit FastDateFormat and FastDateFormatTests
to be added to CVS. Do we need all of the unit tests to be complete
before adding? There are a lot to write and I know Eric, and others are
also volunteering to help here.

I would prefer unit tests to be there before adding to the CVS, but if it
helps make the work visible then sometimes it can be committed without.

Stephen