On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, James Strachan wrote:

> That sounds cool. One thing we've been meaning to do is to seperate out the
> 'variable scopes' from the JellyContext so its easier to plugin your own
> Scopes easier. e.g. a ServletContext scope, a HttpServletRequest scope, an
> Ant project scope etc. This could either be a Map or a Scope interface with
> a map like (maybe simpler) interface.
>
> http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=JELLY-1
>
> Maybe that'd help you pass in the parameter scope and return the results
> scope or something.

One example of how to do this is in commons-workflow -- it separates the
notion of Scope from the notion of Context for pluggability in exactly the
way you describe.  It's got plugins for servlet API based scopes already
there as proof of concept.

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-workflow/

Wish I had time to help you play with this ...

Craig