Yes, it's fine to split them and commit the Method only.

Though I use the PropertyDescriptor serialization, I'm still not sure if
I like it this way.

I'm not sure which is better to have a static "foreign" method or to
create a SerializablePropertyDescriptor wrapper.

For my case the latter makes sence, since I store a collection of
propertiesin a serializable class.
Currently I implement the read/writeExternal() methods to serialize
them.
With this wrapper, I can just convert them when I put them in the list
and use the default java serialization.

Is it too specific case? An issue with the wrapper approach is that it
doesn't work on classes with no accessible constructor (e.g. Method).

I also think that we don't need two ways to save a PropertyDescriptor.
I prefer the getter/setter dethods approach, so we can discard the other
(class+propName).

--Dimiter