Costin Manolache wrote:
Robert Leland wrote:

Costin Manolache wrote:

Martin Poeschl wrote:

as the name indicates db.apache.org is for db related projects.
the db project is new but people will look for db related stuff there
and not at jakarta-commons .. so it makes sense to move the projects to
db.apache.com
Again - why should we do this ?
I assume this was proposed to conform to the
Apache wide reorginization, that has been
happening over the last few months.
Organizing by functionality not by language.
Probably approved by a vote of PMC.

+1, I see it as opening our windows to let some
    fresh air, and ideas in.

Also look at:
http://commons.apache.org/

It look like there will be a reorganization
of all commons components.

At this moment I'm -1 for commons-dbcp.jar, and -0 on the others.
Moving code for the sake of moving code is wrong - you won't increase
the community or the quality of the code by moving it.