On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 12:09 AM, Erik Tennant wrote:

For my needs, that sounds sufficient. Any ETA on when someone might be looking at this?

i'll probably be looking at this pretty soon. since this is a big change i' ll probably post to the list explaining the changes first.

I'm more than willing to put some time in to help.

that'd be cool. sanity checking my design post would be great and then we' ll go from there.

if you do have some spare time before i post up my plan, fixes plus test cases for some of the outstanding bugs would be very gratefully received :
)

Are you concerned about backwards compatibility? It seems if the methods on BeanUtils change from static to instance, it may take longer to get the new release adopted since it will require everyone using the library to undergo code changes to upgrade.

the plan is that the static methods will remain and call an instance of the bean. so hopefully there shouldn't be problems with backwards compatibility :)

- robert