> I have tried supplying my username on the command line, via
> build.properties, and while maven recognizes the username and tries
> to pass it to the server, it will not let me connect.

I don't believe that maven is currently able to ask for an ssh password. I have set up ssh keys on the server so that a password isn't required when I connect. Then the site:deploy target works fine.

Note that I'm talking about non-apache servers since I'm not a commiter here but I doubt there's anything special about the apache setup.

--
Mike Bowler
Principal, Gargoyle Software Inc.