Does using maven fail running the tests also?

maven java:jar

There may be a problem with the ant build.xml generation.  If using
maven for builds can get you buy for now, once you check in I'll try
to see if maven's ant plugin needs to be altered.  Otherwise if you
don't/can't use maven for your builds, you could add the xml jars to
the deps and regen the ant build.xml I guess.  I no longer use ant.