Either a ticket or just sent to the mail list for Commons in general.

The difference being:

patch attached to bugzilla means it willg et in eventually [by next
release]

patch attached to email means it's highly likely it'll go into the CVS
HEAD, but when few people are paying enough attention, those kinds of
patches can leak through.

My view is that if it doesn't feel as though anyone is chomping at the bit
to patch the code, attach it to bugzilla and send an email mentioning this
was done.

Hen