I am dutifully cleaning up the CheckStyle warnings in my code and I am hesitating to remove @throws IllegalArgumentException, which CheckStyle currently complains about. I am a little ambivalent about this. There is a property (checkstyle.javadoc.checkUnusedThrows) that we can set to make it ignore these. I notice that [lang] has this set to false. I actually prefer to leave these "unused throws tags" in. Any strong opinions on this?

There are many Java classes that use the @throws tag with a RuntimeException. Removing it from the javadoc is a very bad idea because it always helps to know what exceptions a method throws. I'm assuming checkstyle is complaining because the exception isn't listed in the actual throws signature which is easily fixable.

David

Phil