as i understand, infrastructure will provide access if that the jakarta pmc actively approves the apache committer (whether from jakarta or not). the process now (whether you're a jakarta committer or from elsewhere in apache) is that you need to post a request to the pmc including an outlined of the stuff you're proposing to work on.

- robert