> >I do not like the names of ~Support classes. ~Support or ~Helper indicate
> >(for me)
> >that these are Helper classes with (often static) utility functions. In
> the
> >Java API I think
> >I have found the usage of Abstract~ or Base~ much more often for classes
>
> You've missed an important difference between Helper classes and
> Base/Abstract classes. Helper classes allow composition/reuse outside of
> class hierarchy. Abstract class' methods can only be used by subclasses.

Thanks for expressing that much better than I could. So the ~Suppport
classes
_are_ Base/Abstract classes, since they are abstract and only used by
subclassing in Clazz, aren't they?

I don't work on, nor use the Clazz package so I don't know the details. I was making a statement about OOP design in general. If the Clazz classes you're referring to are, in fact, abstract classes used in a class hierarchy, they should be named Abstract* or Base* to follow widely used Java naming conventions.

David

Victor